bank transfers?
-> Trader & Classifieds Support

#1: bank transfers? Author: RoognaLocation: TN, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
I want to BIN an auction that only accepts bank transfers
i've never done one.
do they cost $? (would be going from USA to Spain in this case)
anything I should know about them?
do all banks/credit unions do them?

#2: Re: bank transfers? Author: Skeen PostPosted: 0
    ----
My bank charges something like $30 for a transfer overseas. :\

Other than the cost, it's super-easy. The teller/CS person does it for you, you just have to give them the info, which should be provided to you by the seller.

#3: Re: bank transfers? Author: lil.cutie.pieLocation: my gaf, In rainy Co. Donegal, Ireland :( PostPosted: 0
    ----
I thought ebay had to allow Paypal payment now on all auctions?

#4: Re: bank transfers? Author: RingletsLocation: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!! PostPosted: 0
    ----
lil.cutie.pie wrote:
I thought ebay had to allow Paypal payment now on all auctions?

In some countries in mainland Europe, I believe you dont have to allow Paypal payment - I 've seen that on Spanish ebay and I think german ebay too quite often.. doing bank transfer instead is very common in Europe. Unfortunately as Skeen mentioned, the fees to do bank tranfers overseas are usually high Scared

#5: Re: bank transfers? Author: emeryLocation: Illinois PostPosted: 0
    ----
For this it would be much easier (as in cheaper) to Paypal someone in Europe and have them send the money on to the seller.

#6: Re: bank transfers? Author: lil.cutie.pieLocation: my gaf, In rainy Co. Donegal, Ireland :( PostPosted: 0
    ----
Thanks Ringlets thatsa bit mad isnt it? Its mad expensive but Id be worried too with the fact youre not covered, the only way Id do it is if someone had excellent feedback Wink

#7: Re: bank transfers? Author: RoognaLocation: TN, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
thanks for the info - I found someone in spain to help with the transfer

-> Trader & Classifieds Support