Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here???
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Trader & Classifieds Support

#16: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: cookhumanLocation: Saint Louis, MO USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Is this guy goofing on you? Lol...what does he even mean? Does he live somewhere in the US where the time zone change is measured in days not hours? Sorry you are having to deal with this.

#17: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: ponyladyLocation: OHIO USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
lol..I think your dealing with a nut here!

#18: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: breyer600Location: Tennessee PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oh dear, this guy just doesn't know how to word anything does he? I'm guessing this time he meant he'll be mailing on Friday and you should recieve it by Tuesday. That's certainly not what he actually said though. Shakes Head

I'm glad you seem to be getting this worked out, and I hope he doesn't have any more strange expectations that require mind-reading skills.

#19: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: RingletsLocation: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!! PostPosted: 0
    ----
Weird! Crazy Scared ..unless he was referring to time zone differences, but he meant to type "Thursday" and instead he put tuesday? if he lives in UK/europe then if he mails early Friday, it would possibly technically still be Thursday in parts of the US wouldnt it? or of course he could just be a nut job- whatever :P.
Anyways, I'm sorry you're dealing with this Kala, and I hope he keeps his word Hug Everyone needs to start somewhere, but this noob needs to learn a bit more about ponies and asking sellers questions, before he leaves less than positive feedback *sigh* Roll Eyes

#20: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: EviecornLocation: Chattaboogie PostPosted: 0
    ----
Kalavista wrote:

He says he'll ship her back later this week: "She should be on her way by friday night. (Tuesday night for you, I think)"

Wait... WHAT??

Crack is bad for you, kids.

You're a hell of a lot nicer than I'd be. If it was so important, he should have asked to see more pictures. The pony not living up to his expectations that you had no idea about isn't your fault. Sheesh. I'm sorry you have to deal with this nutjob.

#21: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: lunar_scytheLocation: Delhi, CA PostPosted: 0
    ----
I *think* he means the pony should arrive to you on Tuesday; that is the only thing that'd make sense!

#22: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: crimsondeity PostPosted: 0
    ----
Slightly off-topic; but GRABBY HANDS! That is a gorgeous custom! Why on earth is he complaining? And honestly, it would bug my own OCD-ness more to have a pony that looked so "Hasbro" to not match my other ponies, all of whom have one cutie mark.

#23: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: DazzleSurpriseLocation: Missouri, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Wow....that is DUMB. That person obviously doesn't understand HOW to use eBay feedback. I'm so sorry you had to deal with an idiot like that. Sad

#24: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: StoryDreamerLocation: NKY/Cincinnati PostPosted: 0
    ----
I have a feeling he was typing on his phone and made his message as short are possible.

His other problem though was assuming something without actually asking about it. Never make assumptions about something you buy!

#25: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: partypony566Location: Sunny UK!!! PostPosted: 0
    ----
Kalavista wrote:
Thanks guys ... and lol, thanks Stormy, hehe ...

So now I'm REALLY puzzled:

He says he'll ship her back later this week: "She should be on her way by friday night. (Tuesday night for you, I think)"

Wait... WHAT??

Laugh maybe he means it will be with you by Tuesday if he sends the custom on Friday,,, that would make sense Wink

#26: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: ashlyne PostPosted: 0
    ----
Do you think he'll know how to change his feedback to a positive? Has ebay made this easy to do? I thought you had to call and make a pretty strong case in order to reverse a feedback.

Ya, I think you handled it beautifully. I hope he follows through.

#27: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: DeviantCandy PostPosted: 0
    ----
I can see why he thought it would be on both sides. I don't see where you mentioned Warning: only one on side of flank for the cutie mark. Most assume that customs include both marks. I'm not trying to stir anything up, just trying to see it from both sides.

If they wanted it on both sides, maybe they assumed it already was, since you didn't mention it was just a single cutie mark. It's an honest mistake that anyone could have made.

People that are fans, probably expect both sides to be covered, since that was a huge issue wtih collectors and old MLP lovers about the cutie mark problem.

At least he is communicating and talking back with you. Maybe you can work something out and figure out a positive solution to this. I think your pony is beautiful by the way.

#28: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: sydneypieLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: 0
    ----
I can understand where he's coming from. It used to feel real strange to me, leaving 5 star feedback on ebay and such. I thought that meant the sale was absolutely perfect; far, far, far better than any average sale. But apparently absolutely perfect is the standard, and anything below it is an offense? That was weird to me. I do see how it works now though, but for someone unfamiliar with the whole process, I would probably consider it less "he's an idiot" and more "he's unaware." I don't excuse what he did, since you did clearly show what was being purchased in the photos.

And I think it was just unfortunate wording with the whole Friday/Tuesday thing; it takes a few seconds to understand what he meant. May not mean he's stupid, just that he lacks clarity in his words.

At least a deal is getting worked out that should make everyone happy Smile

#29: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: KalavistaLocation: Eastern Iowa PostPosted: 0
    ----
sydneypie - I see your point - but I wasn't asking him for 5 stars, just a positive feedback. He got the item he received, packed well, and in good time = should equal positive. Not neutral because *HE* misunderstand/misread and didn't bother to ask before he bought ... GRRR...

ANYway.... still haven't gotten that Lyra back from him. Or heard from him again. Or had the neutral changed to a positive. Or anything.
*headdesk*

#30: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here??? Author: fingerpaintsLocation: Completely lost - can you help me find my mummy? PostPosted: 0
    ----
I think its a total misunderstanding on his part. Most new pony fans may not be aware of custom etiquate, but generally, customs do only have a symbol on one side. In saying that, so do G3's, G3.5's AND G4's. So for literally generations of ponies, this has been the case.

If its just an OCD thing on his part, that isn't your fault, he should have messaged first to sort it out.

I don't think I own a single custom with a symbol on both sides tho, its not really something thats normal, so I don't know why anyone would defend what he did. He may have assumed that there were symbols on both sides, but if he has ever purchased a G4, he should know they come with symbols on only one side, this is a G4 custom .... see where im going with this? Its not rocket science.

-> Trader & Classifieds Support