ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Customs

#1: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: jupiternwndrlndLocation: my happy place PostPosted: 0
    ----
Recently there has been a disturbing trend among members who sign up for swaps with specific ship dates to ship late--as late as weeks or months after the deadline. It has been alluded to that some put off completing their swap ponies in favor of working on other projects, failing to prioritize the custom with a deadline.

This is unacceptable behavior.

While we understand that Real Life can get in the way of working on swap customs and delay shipping dates, we do ask that you keep your swap host, who in turn will keep your partner, informed. While it is true that online activities occasionally have to put on the back burner (your health, job, and family do come first), please be courteous and keep your online family informed of any delays. If a swap participant has a legitimate reason for being late, the swap host may inquire further to better determine if the member should be included in the swap.

Participating in a swap requires responsibility. If you fail to deliver your part of the swap on time and without notice, you run the risk of disappointing other swap members and placing undue stress on the swap's host.

In addition to trying your best to be on time and keeping your swap host informed in the event of a delay, we would also like to ask those who DO receive late swap customs to leave appropriate feedback. If tardiness is not reflected in a member's feedback, future swap hosts will not be aware of any reoccurring problems. Appropriate feedback will help all of us determine if a member is able to complete a swap custom in a timely manner.

Please be aware that the mods are attempting to keep track of those who have missed swap deadlines by more than a week or two in the last six months. Repeated failure to miss deadlines will affect your ability to join ANY Arena swap.

[sticky 8/16]

Last edited by jupiternwndrlnd on 0; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: thatg33kgirlLocation: Fairfield, OH (Cincinnati area!) PostPosted: 0
    ----
*pony claps* well said Jupi.

#3: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: ambar_julLocation: Puebla, Mexico PostPosted: 0
    ----
sounds good to me Smile (i still waiting for the custom of the first swap i ever join lol) i think, must stop lol

#4: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: JuggalettagurlLocation: Saint Peter, MN PostPosted: 0
    ----
Smile I hope I've been communicating okay, I signed up for a bunch of swaps right before I had to move suddenly, but I've tried really hard to keep in touch Smile I should be pretty much back on track except the Video Game swap, but that was because I messed up and paid to much of my phone bill and don't have the money to ship until next payday! Drunk

#5: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: hyenacubLocation: Omaha, NE...not by choice XD PostPosted: 0
    ----
This definitely isn't me. I'm usually bugging the swap host to ship *early*! XD Thanks for keeping everyone on track! C: Hug

#6: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: ViciousJupiterLocation: Phoenix, AZ PostPosted: 0
    ----
Well said Jupi. Thanks for the reminder of just how important our commitments to swaps are. It's no fun being let down.

#7: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: lizstaleyLocation: Waynesboro, PA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Well said! Trouble with swaps in the past have made me reluctant to join future ones. Sad

#8: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: hannalitenLocation: Maple Valley, WA PostPosted: 0
    ----
I got a swap pony this weekend for a swap with a last ship date of 6/30. Imagine my surprise when I saw that my partner was the SWAP HOST!!!!

#9: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: BlackCurtainsLocation: Secret Laboratory PostPosted: 0
    ----
It is pretty stressful Sad

#10: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: ImmortalPandaLocation: Colorado PostPosted: 0
    ----
Well said!

I really think this should be stickied so it doesn't get lost!

#11: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: JSplitLocation: Florida PostPosted: 0
    ----
Major kudos from someone waiting on two different belated ponies. Swaps are supposed to be a positive experience all around and super late shipping makes it not so fun for the recipient, the swap host, and even sometimes the sender themselves.

#12: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: pop-girlLocation: Florida, where it's HOT, HOT, HOT! PostPosted: 0
    ----
It really needed to be said. Jupi thanks so much for writing this up. Hug

#13: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: simplysteffieLocation: Texas PostPosted: 0
    ----
Well said.

#14: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: DanteLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: 0
    ----
totally agree on this. Im a very unlucky swapper who ended up in the hospital last swap due problems with my intestine and a possible cancer or a rare disease that prevented me from not having kids in the future. I kept communicating this with the swap host. As for the current swap I finished today. (which had to be done 1sth of august) because I had a family drama and had to leave my house). This I also communicated.. I hope I can finally have a calm swap sometime because the unluckyness really makes me scared to join another swap.

#15: Re: ATTENTION ALL CUSTOM SWAP PARTICIPANTS! Author: HindsightLocation: Baltimore, MD PostPosted: 0
    ----
Its sad it needed to be said but I'm so glad you did.

I've made my fair share of make up ponies due to people going MIA.
Communication goes a long way.

-> Customs