Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 11
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » Emailing a Seller?
Emailing a Seller?
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Emailing a Seller?

When is a good time to Email a seller about an item that you haven't recieved yet?

On September 9, I bought a Princess Primrose from a seller on Ebay named michizevkaioh. My sister bought a Powder from this person on the 6th, and neither of them have arrived. I'm guessing that since the seller is in Florida, mail delivery will be a bit slow, because of Ivan (and Frances and Charley).

But I'm not really sure if I should email him/her and ask about it. Can anyone give me some advice about this?

Nice_N_Spicy
*Arena VIP*

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

Generally its a good idea to do a followup based on how long they say it will be before they can ship out. In example, a seller says they only ship on mondays, you win an auction on tuesday and pay immediately. You can expect that item to ship the following monday, and if it does not reach you within a week of when it should have shipped, I would contact them. A good seller will be able to tell you the date that it did ship, or if they accidently forgot to send it out then they can get on the ball and get it to you in due time.

Paypal transactions have a maximum 30 days from the completed date of the auction payment transaction in which you can file a grievance with them. That is something that REALLY should be kept in mind, and though a seller might give excuses and say that they had shipped the item out a few times, by filing before the end date through paypal you cover your own butt and its up to the seller to prove they had sent it. Tell them you will simply retract your pyapal filing upon receipt of the item. Usually this is enough to scare others into getting in gear and getting something sent to you.

With the Florida situation though, it has been incredibly difficult for people to send out and receive their items Sad Your seller might have lost their home and has been temporarily relocated while insurance claims are being taken care of. I would take the route of contacting and nicely asking if they are well because you heard of the hurricane situations, additionally ask if due to the damage from the hurricanes if they have had a chance to send out your items, etc. Try to keep it tactful and considerate, basically as you would want people to be towards you if the situation was reversed. Smile

Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

I have another question about seller contact.

What's the longest you can wait after requesting the total from a seller? How long do you have to wait before emailing them again about the shipping costs?

Nice_N_Spicy
*Arena VIP*

That's a good question too! Check the auction and see how long the seller states the grace period for contact information/shipping quotes will be. Alot of sellers will inform you within three days. If the seller has to physically take the item to the post office to see what it will be, I would wait 2-3 days to give them time to do so. If the auction provides a shipping calculator just email them before sendfing payment to confirm the price you had found in there Look Round

Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

Here's a link to the auction. Then you'll see why I'm ready to tear my hair out over this:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...RK:MEWN:IT

You will note, no time frame, no shipping calculator, no info whatsoever.

Nice_N_Spicy
*Arena VIP*

Ahhhhhh, yea that auction is definitely lacking! *in the future seek out the ones that spell everything clearly, its less heartache TRUST ME LOL*

If you haven't sent an email through ebay's system requesting the total I would now definitely. make sure you have that contact within three days of auction end. Then afterwards every two to three days until they get back with you. Judging from the feedback though it shouldn't be long, they seem to have good transactions overall Poke Tounge

Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

I sent a request in twice. One was on Sunday (when I won the auction) and the other was today. So hopefully (s)he'll get back to me soon.

*crosses fingers*

Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

As an update, the seller emailed me just now and sent me the invoice, saying that she had computer problems. I didn't even think about that as a possibility. Oooh boy, I've got to work on curbing this temper of mine, and learn to be more patient!

sunnydaze
MIB Rapunzel Pony

you weren't being pushy just eager to know the details and there is nothing wrong with that in a transaction with a stranger....

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: