Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 45
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » A Gargoyle??
A Gargoyle??
Life Outside Ponyland...
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k_leen
Bratz Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: A Gargoyle??

In 1995 I purchased (at Wal-Mart) a little green & silver gargoyle for my daughter. She was christened LaLa the Dragon (*our* name for her, I'm pretty positive) and was Gayle's constant companion. LaLa made it easier to leave the farm & Mommy & go to school. LaLa heard many secrets. And one day, LaLA encountered a Rat Terrier!
Now, I don't hold anything against the dog, poor fellow was just doing what he was bred to do... which was, I gather, tearing a toy into tiny bits. Gayle was crushed, and the remains of LaLa are in a little box on a shelf in her room.
Five Years Later:
I've begun searching online (Ebay, toy forums, MLP sites, Fakie/Phony sites) for our little baby gargoyle. She was green, with a silver belly & little silver horns. Her eyes were pink jewels, and she had a long pink tail, with a little brush to groom her.
I know this little toy must've been made by a fakie/phony manufacturer, but I've not been lucky - yet!
Please let me know if you've ever seen such a toy... I'd be thrilled to find one for Gayle!

Thanks, K
BuMbLeSwEEteSt
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A Gargoyle??

I haven't but if I ever come accross it I will let you know, good luck!
Kiwi
Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
Hippity Hoppity Site Admin

I'll look around - maybe one will show up in a store like Value Village. Poor toy to meet such an end. Hug

~ Squeewi ~
Kiwi ref sheet
Tilas
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Hmm.... I'll keep an eye out. If you still have the peices of the toy, can you show us a picture of it so we get an idea what to look for?

DeviantArt: tilastrinity.deviantart.com
Random Musings: tilastrinity.tumblr.com
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MysticSunbeam
Captain Jack Pony

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I am actually trying to collect them, too, without much luck. I worked at Wal0Mart when they were out, and picked up two or three of them in the clearance bin. Let me see if I have a picture....

YES! They're called Castle Keeps, and it looks like there were seven different ones in the set, according to the package back. Here are a couple of pictures:

I hope this really is what you're looking for, so now you'll know for sure what they're called and the name of the company that made them. Best of luck to you in findsing the one you're after.
Brandi :-)

Looking to complete my USA store-bought Gen1 collection via trading. I'm missing: flat-foot Snuzzle, concave-foot Minty, Baby Racer, Pretty 'n Pearly Surf Rider, TAF Munchy and Buttons, Cranberry Muffins (Hong Kong or China), Pony Friend Cha-Cha (llama), Sandcastle or Shovels (the orange one), Bunny Hop, and So-Softs Angel, Crumpet, and Twilight. Trading List under construction here: www. angelfire.com/moon/mysticsunbeam/MLPTradeList.html (without spaces)
MysticSunbeam
Captain Jack Pony

HOLY COW, i didn't realize those were the full-size scans! Sorry for the massive pics guys! Next time I'll make sure they're manageable before posting them!

Looking to complete my USA store-bought Gen1 collection via trading. I'm missing: flat-foot Snuzzle, concave-foot Minty, Baby Racer, Pretty 'n Pearly Surf Rider, TAF Munchy and Buttons, Cranberry Muffins (Hong Kong or China), Pony Friend Cha-Cha (llama), Sandcastle or Shovels (the orange one), Bunny Hop, and So-Softs Angel, Crumpet, and Twilight. Trading List under construction here: www. angelfire.com/moon/mysticsunbeam/MLPTradeList.html (without spaces)
Sweetiemi
Sweetheart Sister

pics dont work Huh
MysticSunbeam
Captain Jack Pony

Maybe you can copy and paste the URL and see the pictures? I've copied them below. If your browser automatically resizes the picture to a more manageable size, you can hold your cursor over the picture and click on the symbol that appears over the bottom right corner, and that will bring it back up to full size. I hope these URLs work for you!

www.angelfire.com/moon...pFront.jpg

www.angelfire.com/moon...epBack.jpg

Harmony
Magic Fantasy Hair Pony

You can't direct link to pictures hosted on Angelfire, and copying/pasting or clicking your links don't work either, at least not for me.

Try something like Photobucket? =D

Avatar and Sigs thanks to Rainbowjuice and Sirithfin!
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MysticSunbeam
Captain Jack Pony

Well, actually, if you don't click on the link, but copy and paste it, it should work. Angelfire apparently has set up roadblocks. :-( Here you go...I'll set up a page just for them! Haha, weasel your way out of THAT one Angelfire!
www.angelfire.com/moon...Keeps.html

WhispersOfTheWind
MOC Mimic

..the pictures don't work on the page either, maybe you could try photobucket.

Rapunzel Pony

Ah finally, that one worked! Yell wow, I have never seen those before! but I am more of a Target shopper. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you girls know if I stumble upon any.

Open for commisions!
WhispersOfTheWind
MOC Mimic

now that i see the pictures, wasn't someone on here trying to figure out what they were not too long ago? they thought it was a dragon though, maybe i can find the post..

EDIT

here's the thread about the toy, it was Aoshi-dono wondering what it was but no one knew.
mlparena.com/Forums/vi...n+toy.html

Rapunzel Pony

was it a plush or..? how big was it? i'll keep my eyes peeled.. i jsut wanna get a really good jist of wat it looks like : )
Dreamchaser
goat herding pony

Oh, those are awesome!

*Wheels turn*

pinkdreamcloud.110mb.com/index.htm
Ponies with 6 written on them are from my childhood collection! Please PM me if you find them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: