Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 8
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » How many filed a suit against Paypal?
How many filed a suit against Paypal?
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BridgetsMum
Site Admin/Loa Butt Kicker

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: How many filed a suit against Paypal?

A huge lawsuit is going on against Paypal. If you qualifed, you could mail in a form and wait and see if they find Paypal was at fault.

How many here have filed?

I did the long form. I can't wait to see what happens.

Julie

My Collection Album!
:)Thanks Lunacat for the commissioned siggy, SpottedSlug for the squishy Loa siggy
Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

I got that email, but I didn't do anything about it. I'm not sure why. Probably because I didn't know what in the world they were talking about.

Foxfyre33
Rainbow Curl Pony

I didn't truthfully have the problem(s) they outlined in the suit (I read the WHOLE email, too) so I felt guilty trying to hop the gravy train. I didn't end up doing it.

~Fox

I question the legality of the substances that led to this idea.

~Fox
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
goddessofduskanddawn
Ouchy Roids Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: hmm

i actually got that email too- but i figured it was a scam? ive had a few ebay/paypal scam emails but never one quite like that. i hope i didnt delete it *goes off to reread.

thank you melodys angel for this beautiful chibi!
Abasca
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can't get into my email, so could someone please give me a brief run-down on what Paypal did? I'd really appreciate it! Poke Tounge

fireglides
Truly Outrageous!
Truly Outrageous!

Yeah, I got the E-mail, too. I've never had a problem with PayPal, so I didn't do anything.

Nikki ~@~
Swifty
Scribbles Pony

Paypal reversed transactions up to 1 year, refunding buyers who claimed not to get items, froze accounts but didn't notify customers the account was frozen and let money keep going into it, froze accounts because they didn't agree with the morals of the person whose account it was, kept charging money out, clearing out people's whole savings. They also told sellers customers had done chargebacks but when the customer was contacted, they hadn't initiated one.
They also had lousy CS skills. People would call and get the runaround, told that the problem was their fault and even hung up on. Employees would freeze an account of someone they picked not to like, then send out harrassing emails taunting the owners of the frozen accounts.
Accounts with balances would be frozen and when they were finally unfroze, there was no money in it.
They violated their own TOS, giving out the name and number of someone who had been frozen because they accepted fraudelent funds to the person who was defrauded. The seller protection was just a joke, sellers were often chargedback for extended amounts of time after a transaction. They also froze accounts because people were related or using the same comp as the person who was frozen.

Talk, sell, trade.....whatever, swifty_mlp on yahoo.com. 2 personas, 1 nice person
Abasca
Site Admin
Site Admin

Swifty wrote:
Paypal reversed transactions up to 1 year, refunding buyers who claimed not to get items, froze accounts but didn't notify customers the account was frozen and let money keep going into it, froze accounts because they didn't agree with the morals of the person whose account it was, kept charging money out, clearing out people's whole savings. They also told sellers customers had done chargebacks but when the customer was contacted, they hadn't initiated one.
They also had lousy CS skills. People would call and get the runaround, told that the problem was their fault and even hung up on. Employees would freeze an account of someone they picked not to like, then send out harrassing emails taunting the owners of the frozen accounts.
Accounts with balances would be frozen and when they were finally unfroze, there was no money in it.
They violated their own TOS, giving out the name and number of someone who had been frozen because they accepted fraudelent funds to the person who was defrauded. The seller protection was just a joke, sellers were often chargedback for extended amounts of time after a transaction. They also froze accounts because people were related or using the same comp as the person who was frozen.

Thank you, Swifty! ::HUGS:: Smile Good gosh, that's so horrible! Mad

BridgetsMum
Site Admin/Loa Butt Kicker

Yes, Swify, thank you soo much for writing that out.

I did fall into that category. I lost $100 from my bank account, had my account frozen and it was all initiated from an ebay scammer. It was devastating at the time because it was in December. It was part of our holiday money----very bad timing. Of course, I could do absolutely nothing.

I was soo happy to see this lawsuit. I really hope they get what they deserve and I get my money back.

Julie

My Collection Album!
:)Thanks Lunacat for the commissioned siggy, SpottedSlug for the squishy Loa siggy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: