Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 61
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » Should I leave a neutral? (ebay)
Should I leave a neutral? (ebay)
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SummerSkye
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Should I leave a neutral? (ebay)

I don't know if this is the right forum but I'd like some opinons.

I won an auction on ebay and heard nothing from the seller for nearly a week. I sent her an email through ebay and to her personal email and she never responded. A week after the auction ended I finally got a generic invoice, no note attached or any kind of acknowledgement of my emails to her. I paypaled her the total immediately because I wanted the pony to be here in time for a pony meet. A few days after I paid her she posts a thread on the TP saying how lucky her ebay buyers are that she will be sending the ponies out Saturday (a FULL WEEK after I paid her!).

She never apologized for the delay or even contacted me personally at all. It's not my fault that she has alot to send out, I fulfilled my end of the transaction immediately. I thought it was rude to ignore my emails and to delay so long after payment. Should I give her a neutral? (This is all assuming the pony arrives eventually)

Skye
BabyKnot
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

Mmmmmmmm.....I would be tempted to leave a neutral too. I think if she'd at least sent you an e-mail explaining she was busy or something, it wouldn't be so bad. I hate leaving bad feedback, but feedback IS there for a reason. People want to know if the seller is trustworthy, and if they can be rekied on. I'd rather deal with someone who's courteous and has 'good service' and wait a day or two longer than with someone who basically ignores the buyers.

Thank you, Thimble! (For my Baby Knot avatar!)
Gator
Mommy & Baby Pony

Just beware that she slaps you with a negative if you leave a neutral. I hate it when people do that. I hate that sellers wait for buyers to leave feedback before they leave their own. Its just a way they can retaliate if the buyer isn't happy. The sellers have already gotten their money, so what's the big deal?
And I'd wait till you get the pony as well.

Site Admin
Site Admin

::whispers:: I'd wait until she leaves you positive feedback before giving her a neutral. Wink Until then, though, you can leave her feedback in the "Trader Feedback" section to the left so the rest of us can avoid her like the plague. Wink

SummerSkye
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: re

I'm pretty sure she will mail the ponies when she says. I think a neutral would be fair (and it won't ruin her 100% feedback rating). It really irks me that she couldn't respond to any of my emails & I had to find out about the status of my transaction on the TP.

If she negs me, I will try and have it removed since I paid her immediately after I received the invoice. She had better not, though! I have been nothing but patient.

Skye
Nice_N_Spicy
*Arena VIP*

Sorry Skye but ebay doesn't work that way. They do not get involved w/ "retaliatory feedback". Which would be her negging you if you gave her a neutral Huh Sit it out and see what she does....heck, of course you'll have to sit it out just to see if the pony is as described etc.

Erin-T-Aardvark
Daydream Believer Pony

I left a neutral for a seller because it took over a month since I paid for a pony for it to arrive. Also, the seller told me he shipped July 1, and the postmark on the package was July 30! I left neutral as opposed to negative, becauseI did eventually get the pony. I'd wait and see if the pony comes.

SummerSkye
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: re

Well, the pony came Monday, a few days shy of a month after I won the auction. The pony was pretty much as described.

I haven't left feedback yet because I'm still undecided whether to leave a neutral or not. It really bothered me that the seller never answered any of my emails at all. I can deal with sellers being a little slow but ignoring emails is another thing. That is really bad business. I don't want her to neg me out of spite and ruin my perfect feedback either. *sigh*

Skye
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: