Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 31
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » Animosity between the boards.
Animosity between the boards.
Life Outside Ponyland...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfchick
Mighty Morphin Power Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Animosity between the boards.

During this week there has been a lot of anger between the boards. I finally have decided to speak my mind on it. I was torn on where to put this so I decided to post it here on the TP and I added links at the Arena, CF and Ghetto boards. Everyone is welcome to post on this topic but place refrain from personal flames or attacks.

First of all, where would we be without the Trading Post? The TP is what brought everyone together. We all know each other because of the TP. Without the TP there would have been no CF or ghetto board. They are all branches of the TP, each having there own place and reason. Each board serves its own purposes and has its own personality, positives and problems. We would not have made such incredible friendships that have blossomed through LJ and e-mails. We would not have wonderful pony meets all over the world. We would not have the amazing individual support through hard times and disasters.

The TP has almost self destructed due to lack of moderators. Yeah, it sucks that there is no one around to moderate but people should be able to control themselves. Some people took advantage of the ‘no mods’ and ran their mouths when they should have kept them shut. There is a huge difference between speaking your mind and ripping someone to pieces. Others tried to stop the craziness but were slammed for it. People were hurt, run off, or just plain gave up on the community.

There are many people that have a bad attitude about those who tried to destroy the TP. Many of us 'elders' sat and watched the TP go up in flames and were helpless to do anything about it. If we spoke up we were told that we were not the mods, if we told someone else to be nice we were told to shove it. A certain group really hurt a lot of people. They seemed to enjoy hurting others and degrading people and their lives. Many retaliated and things got messy. This seems to have calmed down some but it has causes dissention between the communities.

One thing we must remember is that we are all still a COMMUNITY as a whole. We all interact through ALL of boards and LJ. We cry together, laugh together, get angry at one another, support each other, sell, trade and have fun. We have swap boxes, trades, contests and entertainment. We have heartaches, pain, betrayal and even death. We are villages within an ever changing, growing city. As a whole, we should support the community through its trials and tribulations, not destroy it. We should make it stronger and not allow destruction and chaos. Yes, there will be upsets, scammers, anger and resentment but it should be taken care of quickly and not allowed to carry on.

We should all stand together, moderate ourselves and share our love for the colorful plastic pony.

On a personal note, I for one could not have made it through my heart ripping divorce without my pony friends. I will forever be thankful to the TP for introducing me to some of the most wonderful people in the world. Without them I could have made a very bad decision and could have gone back to a man who put a gun to his head in order to control me. These friends supported me, loved me and advised me without judgment or mistrust. A true pony friend is a friend for life.
^!!^

myladysilver
Drink 'n' Wet Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

As always, Wolfie, well said. It goes without saying, but I echo your sentiments whole-heartedly.
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Summerglow
So Soft Pony

I love you wolfie.

babystargleamer
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re:

As I said on the CF board, I admit to wrongdoing on my part, and would personally like to apologize to everyone I have flamed or hurt on the TP, and can only ask for forgiveness.
I belive wholeheartedly that we as a community can salvage the TP and keep it going, but only if people have the maturity to step up, admit that they have acted badly, and start over.
I love all you guys, and I don't think that we could stand ourselves for letting the pony community fall to pieces as it seems to be heading. Let's stop telling people they aren't mods at the TP, and let them lead. It's the only way we will be able to stick together at the TP.
I'm with you all the way Wolfie!

Site Mod

I think the problem at the TP isn't necessarily that those who are leading aren't mods...but rather...
that those who are leading are self apointed and decided to take it on themselves instead of asking opinions first.

Not that I actually care...I haven't been to the TP in ages and only recently started posting(very minimally) again..

But that's my take on it...

Off Topic/Trader Support Mod

I totally agree with you..especially when it comes to trying to settle the boards down *Shivers at the thought of the comments that were being thrown at her*..I may not be that much of an elder but im no newbie either and have had my share of trying to help out in the community. We have confirmation that Jen and Fec are ok and are comming back soon..if these people cant see the scence to stop what they are imaturely doing, then all we can do is wait...hopefully our mods wont get a heart attack.

TY Lina and SDS Smile
babystargleamer
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re:

Ooh, would you mind my asking how/where you got that confirmation? Yummy news!

Off Topic/Trader Support Mod

Sera's done a lovely job if I do say so myself! Shes gone and phoned Fec so she talked to her directly:) Its on the friend's forum on the TP

TY Lina and SDS Smile
Abasca
Site Admin
Site Admin

As I've said on two other boards and in your LiveJournal, Wolfie, *VERY* well said. However, I won't be going back there anytime soon. I said that I wouldn't and I'm not about to go back on my word.

I'm glad that Jenn and Fec are okay and that they're coming back to moderate soon. I wish them both my best.

TwilightStarshine
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Quote::
There is a huge difference between speaking your mind and ripping someone to pieces.

Those are words of wisdom. If only some people could be respectful enough to live up by these rules. I do agree to Wolfie's plea and I agree the community should stand together as one, but the TP is a VERY big board. When not moderated properly, these things will keep happening. I'm very sorry if this sounds negative, but a mod should be neutral. Although I AGREE to everything the others have done to safe the community, some people simply felt they were being told what to do by "mere" board members. Atleast, this is how I would summarize their rants and reactions. And that's a big problem. How are you going to give good feedback to someone, when it's not accepted because "you're not the mod" and the mods aren't moderating? It's an endless cycle. I DO hope Wolfie can encourage enough people so the TP's climate will become a little less hot eventually, but I am going to watch from a distance, as always.

edit: I had a similar problem with one of my own boards (non-MLP) a long time ago. I wish you good luck and I think your courage is admirable. Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: