Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 15
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » Shopping for a wedding dress!!
Shopping for a wedding dress!!
Life Outside Ponyland...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Shopping for a wedding dress!!

Oh, I'm getting stressed. I went looking at dresses on Friday and today. So many beautiful dresses...and SO expensive. My parents are paying for the dress but I still don't want them shelling out a ton of cash.

Now I'm angry at my fiance because he wants me to buy a dress in a certain style (he saw a picture in a magazine that he LOVES, thinks it would be the perfect dress for me) I tried on a couple in the same style but I wasn't crazy about them. Anyway, I tried telling him that but now he's getting all pissy and accusing me of just "saying" I've tried on those dresses and that in reality I never had any intention of buying a dress remotely similar to what HE wants. Well, excuse me, but I have to wear the dress, not him. Shouldn't it be MY choice what kind of dress I get? Shouldn't he just be supportive and say, "I'm sure any dress you choose will be gorgeous and you'll look beautiful in it"

He's being such a putz...now he's gone to a meeting and i can't even yell at him :x

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

I'm on your side. Tell him if he likes it so much to buy it and you'll wear it privately for him, but you'll wear YOUR choice of a dress at the wedding. Happy Did he get to pick his own tuxedo?

Summerglow
Twinkle Eye Pony

ee! sounds like lots of fun.

however, his attitude is yuk!

I say, since you love me so much let me choose! geez! the girl chooses...he's not even supposed to see you in your dress until the day of anyway! I'm sure that once he sees you in the dress you pick out on that day, he will forget it all.

Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

Exactly how I feel!! It'll be a little difficult for him to not see it before I walk down the aisle though. We're getting married in Vegas and we're taking a limo to the chapel BUT I have to be dressed before I get there!! I say he should be blindfolded but he's not too keen on that. :roll: He doesn't think it's all that important to follow a silly tradition like the groom can't see the bride before the wedding day. Maybe I'll just have to bring his trench coat with me Happy

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Wedding dress

I hope you're still enjoying buying a wedding dress, I think it would be great chosing a beautiful dress Smile
What kind of dress are you looking for? A 'tight' (I hope that you know what I mean :P) dress or a 'ballroom' dress?

Good luck with your search!

*JM*
BridgetsMum
Site Admin/Loa Butt Kicker

Congrats! What fun! I would like to hear what style/kinds you are considering too! Poke Tounge

Wearing the full wedding garb will knock his socks off! He will love what you choose I'm sure. I would go with what you think looks best on you and maybe a couple other friend's/mom's opinions too. Just to be safe.

My vote is that he not see you until you walk down the aisle. Get seperate cars!!! It's soo exciting this way!!!! Or a trenchcoat, lol.

Can't wait to hear more.
Julie

My Collection Album!
:)Thanks Lunacat for the commissioned siggy, SpottedSlug for the squishy Loa siggy
joce
G3 Prototype Pony

Me and my boyfriend have a project car and I wanted to paint it dark pearly green and he said no way. So I said I wanted it pink with a pony on the gas door and guess what, now hes o.k. with green. If you show him a dress you know he wont like,then anything you pick he should realize is better than that.
df
Site Admin
Site Admin

*LMAO*

Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

ha ha ha...actually his sister said I should take a picture of myself in a god awful super poofy over the top dress and say that's what I want Happy he's just so nosy...

Well, the styles I seem to be going towards are strapless, with little or no train, and not too much fullness in the skirt. There's one in a consignment store that I really love, my mom loves, and my future sister-in-law thinks is gorgeous too...I just have to wait for them to contact the owner and see what kind of deal i can get. It's ivory in color, strapless, looks like a two piece but isn't. The top has some pretty embroidery but not over the top and the skirt is plain. My favourite part is the back, it laces up with ribbons and it's lower cut. I'm just scard the dress might be bought before i decide...but since they don't know what to sell it for yet, I guess I'm safe Smile And the store just got in about 200 dresses from a store that went out of business so if worse comes to worse, I might be able to find another dress there.

There's one other dress I wanted to try on again but when we went to the store today they were closed for renovations! Grrr...wish they'd said something on Friday when we were there... Mad

I still have a little time to find a dress I guess, the wedding is the end of February...but I don't want to leave it too long

Naughty Monkey Corral Mod

I'm almost in the same boat as you! I have 10 months to find a dress ( along time I know) but I hate dress shopping! I'm such a tom boy that I want a simple prom dress that's white. That would be perfect Smile
Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

Well, now is the time to look for a dress, it's the slow season, so a lot of the shops have sales on. Plus they are already getting in grad/prom dress for next year, so you might luck out!

I think I've found my dress, an ivory strapless...looks gorgeous on me. I'm just going to get my Matron of Honor's feedback but I think it's the one Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: