Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 34
Bots: 3
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » I'd be a bit disturbed....
I'd be a bit disturbed....
Life Outside Ponyland...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneleo1
Naughty Monkey Corral Mod

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: I'd be a bit disturbed....

I was reading the post on ABCWinter on the MLPTP, and was quite disturbed by what SparkyGemini said. Anyone else feel this way?

I e-mailed the Mods, but I don't think it will help.... Sad

Kind of makes you feel sad that a board that was once so friendly has gone to h-e double hockey sticks. Sad
But I guess that's why we are all here Smile

Sorry that this is kind of a sad post...I had to get it off my chest! Smile

Forgive me Smile

Oneleo1
df
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

First, I have no idea what that thread is about, or who. Second, sad as it makes me, that's just the way the TP has been lately. *shudders*

*hugs my pink Arena and friends*

[edit again] I didn't know anyone saw my post before I edited it! I said that I don't know who ABCwinter is, but that flame is really sucky.

Last edited by df on 0; edited 2 times in total
Oneleo1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was a bit uncalled for....:)
kimono
Bay Breeze Pony

Yeah, she was being a bit harsh, considering it was over forum etiquette... I can understand that sort of thing can be annoying, but she should have asked a moderator to privately message ABCWinter about that, not give her a tongue-lashing herself. The first time I read it, I thought ABCWinter must've done something really bad.
SummerSkye
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: re

As long as the TP mods are away people will continue to be rude. I'm not sure anything can be done about it either. Ezboard cannot contact the mods unless they violate the Terms of Service nor can they add another moderator. Only the mods can add another mod so EZboard cannot help at all.

I left the TP for a few days b/c it had gotten so bad. Poor ABC! Her posts were annoying at worst. She didn't deserve that. I won't be posting there much until the mods come back. Everything turns into a flame war. It's a waste of time to even post on the TP anymore.

This place is nice though. I wish more people would add to the gallery, that is a very cool feature. Until the TPs come back, I'll be hanging out around here. Happy

Skye
df
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yay! You should hang around here anyway! :)
TwilightStarshine
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

I have been reading the TP and other boards eversince 1997, but never as frequently as the last two years. I hate to say this, but the past year the TP has seen some major changes. Another group of persons has terrorized the TP earlier this year. It was horrible, though not as bad as things are right now. Someone's private address was posted. Posting one's address is against Ezboard's laws. Rumor has it the TP was on the edge of being zapped from Ezboards. Flame wars arrized faster after all these incidents. I'm not trying to badmouth them, as I used to love the TP more then any other board online. But I *deeply* regret the turn the TP has taken this last year. I can't understand that such a nice place with so many lovely characters can be drawn into shadows by a minority of nuts. People tend to say: this is RL, people get into fights. That maybe true, but RL doesn't mean you are going out there LOOKING for fights. The way some people are posting there is so far away fro MLP, I wonder why these particular people are part of the MLP community. About the mods: believe me, even when they were there, they rarely stepped into a flame thread. These are my two cents. I just hope the TP will change back to her old self.

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: ABCwinter

It's a bit sad, she was only a bit annoying, although I just don't read it. Simple. I do find her reply to SparkyGemini's post very nice and sensible.

*JM*
SaturnCyan
Mommy & Baby Pony

I've come to a point with some people on the TP that I can hardly stand the place any longer. I've decided that the only reason I would even need to go there anymore is just for news and tips. Otherwise, the place is a hole and I hate it. I can hardly believe the sudden overflow of liars, cheats, brats, and generally stupid people. Which is why I like this board... We HAVE moderators here. The moderators are not selfish like Jenn and Fec. There are more than enough of them that if someone needed something, a mod is there almost immediately. Isn't it so much nicer here? :-D

babystargleamer
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re:

I'm glad that the theme over here is so low-key, and that you guys are able to discuss the issues happening over there so gracefully. I opened this thread thinking *uh-oh!*, but was so pleased at what you all had to say. Everyone here is just so responsible and tactful and sensitive of other peoples' feelings, and I appreciate that. It creates a safe environment that everyone can feel comfortable in.

As for my opinions at the TP- I stuck my nose in and promptly had it bashed. I didn't say things in the best way, and for the most part I am going to back out of those flaming threads at the TP, unless I feel that someone goes way over the line.

I was almost afraid to post this but I had to get it off my chest Smile I was so disturbed about the way things were going, and are still going, I just couldn't take it anymore. You could open what you thought would be a freindly, mature, considerate post but it turend out to be a flame war Sad It's just not fair to those who are involved, especially those who don't deserve to have their name drug thru the mud.

I'm relieved that others are on the same wavelength!
Thanks for setteling my nerves a bit Smile

Oneleo1
Bubble

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Where can I see it?

Where can I see this thread?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: