Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » Favorite Things Your Mom Has Said
Favorite Things Your Mom Has Said
Life Outside Ponyland...
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel-Eyes
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Favorite Things Your Mom Has Said

Not my mom, but a while ago I was watching Seinfeld with my grandma and she said "I really like this show. I wonder when they're going to make new episodes?"

ashes
Pony Corral/WYP Moderator

One of my favorite quotes from my mom was back when I was in junior high. She was dropping me off for a dance, when one of my classmates darted out in front of her car on his roller blades. She had to slam on the brakes hard.

He shouted at her "F--- YOU!!"

Then my mom rolled down the window and shouted right back,

"You don't have the EQUIPMENT TO!!!"

At the time I was soooo mortified. Then a few years later, when I was in high school, my family and I were having dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. This same classmate was there with his family. As he walked by, he said to me, "You know, I still remember what your mom said to me at that dance in junior high."

At least my mom is memorable, LOL!

Thanks to Lina for my siggie and kioku for my avi!

Gallery: mlparena.com/gallery2/...album1127/
Sarah-Bee
Alice Cooper's Minion Pony

ashes wrote:

"You don't have the EQUIPMENT TO!!!"

epic!!!

VanillaBean
Dazzle Surprise

Ashes, that's brilliant LMAO Bahaha
MonstarNomNom
Mommy & Baby Pony

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a thread so much. lol xD

This wasn't my mom and I wasn't there when it happened but I thought this was funny. :3

My SO's dad is a pastor and he was doing a wedding one time where the couples poured sand after giving their vows. The groom's sand ran out before the bride's and his dad went, "Now lets hope that doesn't happen tonight." LMAO His dad is a hoot x'D

Thanks to VanillaVirus for my avvi!
Nimbus Ref~Spiorad Ref~Fleet Ref~Axel Ref~My dA
Desperately seeking Big Brother Hats and Bandanas! Please contact me if you have any!
clones_rebellion
Evil Swap Queen

These are great! Keep them coming!

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for the wonderful siggy of my Atlas and Mareacooda's Bastet!
Obscuria
Time Lord/Torchwood Pony

I'm emo..and proud of it, make no mistake, but once whilst out with my Mom this older woman came over and commented on my entire look, saying it was unique and really awesome and that she liked peopel who dressed different, she then turned to my Mom and said, "So what are they callihng this kind of a look now a days?" and my Mom said "Oh, she's EMU...."

EMU.....so apparently I'm a gigantic, angry bird with orange eyes that hisses and spits...lol!

This Could be the Last of all the Rides we Take/So Hold on Tight and Don't Look Back/We Don't Care about the Message or the Rules They Make/I'll Find You when the Sun Goes Black/You Only Live Forever in the Lights You Make/When We Were Young we Used to Say/You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to BREAK/We Are the Kids From Yesterday/PP by Lina
ButtercreamDream
Brush N Grow Pony

Our school buses went on strike when I was in high school, and my mom had to drive me to school for a few weeks before she went to work. My mom is a math teacher, and she's lots of fun, but pretty straight edge as well.

On the first day, she was driving me to school, and she turned to me and said "Oh my God, you wouldn't BELIEVE what I did yesterday. It was the scariest thing!" and she looked dead serious.. "I drove all the way to school on 'E'!"
Whoa

I was SHOCKED, my jaw dropped, and I exclaimed "Where did you get 'E'?!"

She had this look of confusion on her face, and then it dawned on her. "No, no. I drove to school on empty!" and she points to the fuel gauge on the car. I went from almost having a heart attack, to laughing SO hard.

Can I share one from my grandma too?
When her first great grandchild was born, I asked her what it felt like to be a great-grandma, and she replied "Oh Erica, I've ALWAYS been a great grandma!" LMAO

Thank you LazyJenny and Sourdoughstomper for my sig!

My Sales and Trades/ My Want List
starrypawz
MOC Mimic

Obscuria wrote:
I'm emo..and proud of it, make no mistake, but once whilst out with my Mom this older woman came over and commented on my entire look, saying it was unique and really awesome and that she liked peopel who dressed different, she then turned to my Mom and said, "So what are they callihng this kind of a look now a days?" and my Mom said "Oh, she's EMU...."

EMU.....so apparently I'm a gigantic, angry bird with orange eyes that hisses and spits...lol!
Bwaahahahaahah XD

.Anna-Chan.
The Imaginary

Mum : HEE HEE HI I'M CALLING YOU
Me : mum what are you
Mum : I'M CALLING YOU BECAUSE I CAN
Me : mum are you drunk
Mum : NOPE I'M AS SOBER AS TWO PIGS
Mum : TIED TOGETHER
Mum : BY THE TAILS

keep in mind this was a skype call.
from a room.
directly across the landing.

yeah.

megsense
Rainbow Curl Pony

Awesome, all of these. ;]

We have several running jokes with my mom. She can be ditsy, she is EXTREMELY gullible and sometimes has a few too many drinks. ;]

It's been probably.. 9 years or so, and we still remind her of the night she threatened to take my brother to the "Drifway" (driveway) and "open a bag of whoop ass" on him (no, not a can, a bag). ;] We Love her.

Rainbow Curl Pony

(Edit didn't seem to work, sorry to double post)

I had to include this too about my Papa (grandpa).

He joined partypoker (website) a couple years ago. Mom and I came to help him set it up, pick a user name, etc. First he wanted to be PoleHiker.. My mom and I looked at eachother and tried to explain that might not be such a good idea. He did NOT get it at all. Then he said "Well fine! Make it SeaMen41 instead!" We gave up at that point and just gave into the laughter. He eventually let us use his first name instead. ;]

Papa used to be a city electrician (Hence pole hiker) and he fishes (Hence sea man). XD

Bratz Pony

My mother frequently threatens to maim and/or kill my stepfather on a nightly basis, most often during dinner. My husband actually set up a Twitter account to post the strange things she's been known to yell.

She looked at the proofs from my high school senior pictures and exclaimed "These are beautiful! Gorgeous! These aren't you!"

And we still aren't letting her forget the time she looked at one the (many, many) penguins in her collection and said something like "Doesn't that penguin look like a negroid?" We're not sure where *that* came from.
clones_rebellion
Evil Swap Queen

coinoperatedgirl wrote:
She looked at the proofs from my high school senior pictures and exclaimed "These are beautiful! Gorgeous! These aren't you!"

So, what are you trying to say MOM?! LMAO

I have to share one from my grandmother. Mommom is very straight laced and was happily married to my granddad, Bob, for 60 years. We were talking about her son, my uncle, who is definitely the black sheep of the family. In pure exasperation, I asked her, "Where did he come from?!" she replied, "Oh, I assure you, he *IS* Bob's son." I was slack jawed! Laugh

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for the wonderful siggy of my Atlas and Mareacooda's Bastet!
Obscuria
Time Lord/Torchwood Pony

starrypawz wrote:
Obscuria wrote:

Bwaahahahaahah XD

Eactly Starry, that's pretty much what I did, I exploded laughing in the middle of the store, I laughed so hard I was crying.

These are so funny, some of them so hysterical I've been laughing to the point of tears again.

This Could be the Last of all the Rides we Take/So Hold on Tight and Don't Look Back/We Don't Care about the Message or the Rules They Make/I'll Find You when the Sun Goes Black/You Only Live Forever in the Lights You Make/When We Were Young we Used to Say/You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to BREAK/We Are the Kids From Yesterday/PP by Lina
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: