Visitors: 27
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » Hair Matching and DH Order Suggestions
Hair Matching and DH Order Suggestions
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiwiSquirtBottle
Brush N Grow Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Hair Matching and DH Order Suggestions

Two things:

Baby Surf Star's Hair

I'd like to do a custom of Baby Surf Star, but I'm not sure what colours her hair is as I don't own one, nor can I find suggestions in guides. If someone has an idea, I'd super appreciate it. Preferably DH matches, but would also accept RD.

Dolly Hair Staples

I'm going to place a decent sized order at DH and I'd like to hear suggestions on staples to try and keep on hand. I know Black Magic and Blizzard (which I can dye) are usually safe choices, but what else would you recommend?

Also, with their blends, if I want a little bit of a colour, not a full hank, would it be possible to get a blend of two colours and ask her not to mix them so I can do it myself / have half a hank of something on hand, just in case?
Lon-san
Drink 'n' Wet Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Hair Matching and DH Order Suggestions

Eee...maybe just pick up a partial hank from someone here? I have tried to pick a single color out of a blend (it was a $2 random bag) and it was tough.

What kinds of colors do you think you personally will use the most? Do you do a lot of Hasbro-based customs? If you do, it might be good to have some of the colors that they used often.

Atomic Turquoise is a nice one to have. Might want to have a nice red on hand as well. Cherry Pie, maybe? Personal preference but Bobby Blue is a nice medium blue to have and Envy is a pretty medium green.
wyndstar
Sweet Kisses Pony

i think i saw once you can ask her not to blend them. it's worth asking anyway.

i also bought black magick as a staple and i haven't used it yet lol. but i think it's a good one to have on hand anyway. obviously a white is good.

cherry pie is an awesome red. i like lucky clover but if you're going to do more hasbro stuff i believe sea nymph is a better match for some greens. water nixie is a lovely blue. i also have starlight which has a gorgeous sparkle and would consider always having on hand if you like that sort of thing.

i'm trying to build up a nice supply Smile i ordered butterfly which is a beautiful yellow and after midnight which is a gorgeous dark blue! i'm pondering some purples now lol

-Dani
Thanks to Cassu for the avie and Eviecorn for the sig pics!
pop-girl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, asking Tina not to blend is an option - I do it all the time. Wink

I usually type something like "Can I get a half hank of Bobby Blue and a half hank of Blizzard? Also, can you please keep them separate? Thanks Tina."

Drink 'n' Wet Pony

Seriously? Whoah. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: