Visitors: 31
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » *sigh*
*sigh*
General MLP info, Q&A
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazzy90
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: *sigh*

I was browsing newspaper advertisements today and I saw an ad for ponies and other old greek toys. So of course I had to call! I was hoping for a bargain, but I thought it was unlikely I'd get one.

And I was right!

The guy didn't know the names of the ponies, but he sure knew about their value and could tell apart greek ones from hasbro ones. And he had a lot! He mentioned at least 4 adult CP and their babies (Lemondrop, Cotton Candy, Minty and 1 more), a baby pegasus and an adult unicorn (not sure which one, I think he said green with a sun symbol), all greek. And he said he had more.

However, he wanted 200 euros for the pegasus as he said it was a rare pony (yeah, I know :p). And when I tried to get some decent prices for hasbro ponies (I told him I buy them for 5-6 euros from abroad) he insisted that the ones he has are older and more expensive. I tried to convince him we were talking about the same ponies, but I'm not sure I did.

Anyhow, he told me he would think about it and let me know. We were supposed to meet for him to show me the ponies, but I told him I wouldn't spend more than 50euros on a pony, so I think he won't be very interested in selling to me Poke Tounge

So yeah, more and more people are becoming aware of how valuable G1 and especially El Greco ponies are . I wish they weren't Silly

Last edited by gazzy90 on 0; edited 1 time in total
hathorcat
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: *sigh*

I feel your pain sweetie!!

So frustrating sometimes...I have recently come to the conclusion there is no such thing as a bargain any more for G1...I honestly dont remember the last time I thought "oh what a great price" when I bought something

Its all well and good someone knowing something has value and wanting the right price for it but when they think that means they can ask 4 or 5 times more than people would normally pay that just irritates me!!!

Sora
Bay Breeze Pony

I know your pain!

Last year, I went to a car boot and found a whole stash of G1s. The seller claimed they had 'researched' them and wanted £5 for each of them - Even though only a couple were worth more than £2! She even wanted £5 for a good condition (not mint) Peachy! Whoa

Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

I'm sorry that happened! What a disappointment!

Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Aww, fingers crossed that he does contact you again though Smile there's still hope!

Trade Page / Want Page

my beautiful avatar is made by devonshireRed and Latrodectus is made by MisfitPony - thank you ever so much!
partypony566
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

Gah! Sad Very frustrating!

Thanks to hathorcat for my Minty avi heart SDS for my coin siggy heart and thanks severedanomaly for my big Minty siggy heart
Lady.Arachnia
Rainbow Curl Pony

It's very frustrating indeed! And i can see that people not give away their stuff but if you do research...do proper research not that you see 1 pony on ewbay go for big bucks and then think ALL ponies go for such prices!!

Cinnabar
Dazzle Surprise

Hopefully he will contact you when he cant find another buyer Smile

Thanks TwilightWhispers for the Siggy
Vintergatan
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Aww, fingers crossed that he does contact you again though Smile there's still hope!

Trade Page / Want Page

my beautiful avatar is made by devonshireRed and Latrodectus is made by MisfitPony - thank you ever so much!
ZettaMomo
Colorswirl Pony

I hope you can get them for a better price! I think it can get a little crazy with prices at times. Some people think that because it is 'vintage' or older makes it super rare and worth so much more than what it actually is.

If he refuses to lower his prices to something fair I would just kindly decline his offer and look somewhere else.

Bratz Pony

I think this is why I see less and less MLP and other 80's toys around here in the thrift stores. People aren't donating them, they've got them on ebay and expect a Peachy to go for the price of a Punzie. The curse of being "vintage"...if only they knew "vintage" really just means "older!" XD
lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

Yep - I offer them a reasonable price and drop it as they repost again and again with their overpriced ponies.

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
DazzleSurprise
Scribbles Pony

I can so relate. That's why I don't have as much enthusiasm for flea markets anymore. A lot of toy dealers there know the worth and over charge.

I miss the days where I could dig through toys bins and find tons of ponies for under a dollar. Oh, those were the days....

I thank roserebellion for this awesome sig!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: