Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 198
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » MLP Fashion!
MLP Fashion!
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkillian
Mighty Morphin Power Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: MLP Fashion!

Yeah- New Zealand doesn't seem to stock the standard pony :/ Both this bait, and Zeth, the other pony's baits are Fashion Pinkie Pie. Not on purpose though. No one stocks Applejack for some reason >.> So yeah- both the larger size if that's the case Smile I would like it to be removable. I'd have to play around with the design though. The seems for this would be tricky. I might just have to sew without it being removable Sad
EmberBright
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

I've seen some nice fabric clothes done before, but the problem seems to be making them removable. A dress with separate corset/bodice and sleeves would be doable; anything with a full body and shoulders is difficult because ponies' arms don't bend to go into sleeves. G1 Ponywear fastened up the back to allow for this; I'm not a fan of the look, but don't know how to get around it. The dress I made last night (my first) won't be removable, though it will be possible to flip the skirt up to see a cutie mark. Not what you're going for, but it's another option.

Good luck with this- it looks like she's going to be a lovely pony when she's done!

Formerly known as MrsEmbers!

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/Embe...ghtCustoms

My deviantART page: mrsembers.deviantart.com/

Commissions open
Arkillian

I hope so ^^ I'm certainly gonna try my best to make her as best as I can Smile
RevRuby
Scribbles Pony

i sew clothes, but... i pin them on. none of the clothes, aside from leather corsets, is remove-able. i do sell corsets and sometimes sell the patterns for it. the patterns are hand made per pose request. this is a guarded secret because otherwise everyone is going to make corsets like mine. i know kat and enchantress also do clothing altho kat's are remove-able and enchantresses are sew on.

thank you to devonshireRed for my avatar!
*taking re-root commissions*
Arkillian

Yeah- I'm starting to see. I guess sewing is too easy to steal. I'll just need to work it out on my own I guess Sad
Miserati
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

I sew clothes and I make them removable with small snaps. The thing is... is that unless it's a G4 it's really hard to have a specific pattern because of all the different poses that G1s and G3s come in. Unless it's just a generic hood or cape anyway.

I usually use wax paper cut down and pin it onto the body then draw out a basic pattern I would need for that particular pose, cut it out, make sure it fits how I want to on the pony and go from there.

OPEN for Custom Swaps/Commissions | Golden Reverie | deviantArt
Formerly c.love.r | I'm always looking for baity flutters, especially Peach Blossom!
Arkillian

That makes sense. Normal patterns are made on wax paper or thin brown cartridge. I guess the biggest thing is how it goes together. I'll have to nut that out :nods:
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: