Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » Masculinisation of Ponies
Masculinisation of Ponies
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkillian
Mighty Morphin Power Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Masculinisation of Ponies

Puzzle wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Puzzle- I'm not sure what you mean by Supersaiyan. Do you mean like a mohawk, but over the whole back of the neck? G4s already have 4 lines of hair I can see me adding 1 row either side. 2 is pushing it a little. Have you got examples of this effect?

Dig Dubbledore Pony like you wouldn't believe Happy Yes, I'd likely do that. There's not much room for chin fluff, but if this Apoxie stuff can be drilled into without cracking I could try giving him a chin and poking holes in that. Those ponies you linked weren't G4s though- the G1-3 all had a genderless form so making them men like was easier. The G4s have cute quota so I should do something about that so Zeth looks a bit more manly ^^; The G4 male ponies are very geometric in comparison to the girls.

That would be my younger brother's obsession with Dragon Ball Z bleeding through XD Basically, you want to achieve that effect with all the hair standing up, like this (or your image, but obviously shorter):

OH! I getchya now Smile Instead of it being like a 3 line of hair mohawk, you mean to make it like actual hair on a head so it looks more natral. I get it now Smile I'll take more rerouteing, but it's for the best. I might go for that option after all! awake

I currently don't have any Clydesdale ponies to cast off, so I could give it a go free style. Hopefully I can pull it off Smile I think Zeth should have a masculine shape now you mention it cause he's not 'bishounen' (pretty boy) in appearance at all. I'll get some of this Apoxie in my next pay cheque (I spent WAY too much this month on ponies already) and some modpodge... Warehouse stationary have some for $20- TOTALLY keen to try it out! www.warehousestationer...mp;champ=1 I have a awl that I got for $2 and I can use that to open up holes and make new ones super easily Smile It's a totally doable process ^^ And using fleece is a FANTASTIC idea for the stubble Smile A assume this glue is or could be modpodge that I use?

EmberBright- Detail does make a difference I see. The face shape is alot closer to the cartoon though. I'll keep shape in mind when I do it. Hopefully the head evens out a bit with that cause it is very big :nods: It might not be as bad with more 'saiyan like' hair Smile (I love Super Saiyan as a describing term *big DBZ fan*)

Ellis1342- Yeah- I have super sculpy at home but maybe I should just leave that for stand alone sculptures and not pony modification Sad I'ts just a bit annoying cause I'd LOVE to hear that something I already own is perfect for pony modification T.T *sighs* I'm an artists with great quality materials but nothing I own already is good for pony modification. I thought the sculpy at very least would be but obviously not T.T the different baking temperatures is a VERY valid point Sad

I like the glasses- did you make those yourself? Are they glued down somehow?

mana-maiden- Eyebrow placement? MLPs don't have eyebrows ^^;

okiegurl1981- I like your Doctor Whooves ^^
ZennaBug
Doodlebug Art Mod

Adding to the bridge of the nose will help, as will adding feathers to the legs. I've done it freestyle with one custom quite a while ago and it turned out pretty well Smile

(Ignore the censored symbol, he was a prank gift and not really forum suitable lol)

If you want stubble, you can also try some flocking Smile

Arkillian

Yeah- that was suggested Smile How did you do the hair? little tiny tubes of clay flattened out? Trimmed? What works well?
ZennaBug
Doodlebug Art Mod

I rolled the clay into little bitty cylinders and then stuck them on and flattened them a bit. Then I smoothed them into the leg towards the top (not flawlessly, you can see where I didn't get it perfect). If I were to redo it, I would probably put the clay all around and then cut away the parts I didn't want there. Then smooth and round out the edges, add some details with a toothpick or something (to make it more hairlike), and use sandpaper to get it smoother.

Arkillian

Ah- Makes sense. I'll try cutting it then when I do it. I need to put a bit of weight on their legs anyway so may as well do it all in one go Smile
ZennaBug
Doodlebug Art Mod

That should work really well Smile

And I have used sculpey on almost all of my ponies and never melted one. These were all baked:

Horns. (These were also my first customs, so they're not exactly my best lol)
Horn. (You can see that I didn't sand around the base)
Hair, horn, tail, leg feathers. (Again, no sanding, but I smoothed it with m fingers pretty well)
Tail. (Gawd it was a nightmare! I had to bake her in stages and the body was discolored afterwards)

I don't sculpt often (it's not exactly my strongest skill) and those are all old examples. But after getting Apoxie sculpt, I really prefer it. It's nice not having to bake my ponies! I haven't finished my ponies with apoxie, they're all still unpainted and unsanded. Woops!

*edited because I can't spell today*

Last edited by ZennaBug on 0; edited 2 times in total
Arkillian

That merpony does look like I took ages! O.O
ZennaBug
Doodlebug Art Mod

She was a present for my mom. I had to chop off the back legs, make the tail with foil, lay a base of clay, bake, then I did each scale individually. Took me about 12 hours for just the sculpting. faint Never again Silly

Arkillian

Wouldn't take so long if it was the apoxie. Perhaps again, just not soon? Smile
ZennaBug
Doodlebug Art Mod

Maybe. But next time I start at the bottom and work towards the body. My scales are facing the wrong direction and I didn't notice until I was 4 hours in! faint LMAO

miss_tuneful
MIB Rapunzel Pony

I used Fimo on g4s and baked it, worked great and it stuck to the pony!
I'll have a thread about these ponies up later today, so be sure to check that out Smile

Neko Does Not Approve Tumblr! Ask neko a question!
Thanks SDS and Amenoo for siggy pics, Cassu for ava heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: