Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 99
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here???
Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here???
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashlyne
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Please help ... WHAT did I do wrong here???

fingerpaints wrote:
I think its a total misunderstanding on his part. Most new pony fans may not be aware of custom etiquate, but generally, customs do only have a symbol on one side. In saying that, so do G3's, G3.5's AND G4's. So for literally generations of ponies, this has been the case.

If its just an OCD thing on his part, that isn't your fault, he should have messaged first to sort it out.

I don't think I own a single custom with a symbol on both sides tho, its not really something thats normal, so I don't know why anyone would defend what he did. He may have assumed that there were symbols on both sides, but if he has ever purchased a G4, he should know they come with symbols on only one side, this is a G4 custom .... see where im going with this? Its not rocket science.

I agree with Fingerpaints. It's more uncommon to have a 2-symboled pony and it's been that way for years. It's a G4 custom, and G4 ponies have one symbol. He was mistaken in assuming he *should* get two symbols; Kalavista wasn't mistaken in putting only one symbol on her.

But the issue isn't his OCD or how familiar he is with pony generation designs. The issue is he should have let his seller know if there was any issue before leaving feedback like that, especially when Kalavista didn't misrepresented anything. Even if she had, he should've contacted her to try to resolve it.

In fact, when you click on "Neutral", a message pops up saying "Before you leave this Feedback, please contact your seller to see if anything else can be done to make your experience positive. Sellers want you to be happy, and so do we."

If he's newer to ebay, he probably doesn't know what a blow even a neutral feedback is to a good seller, I'll grant him that. But it's something he should learn if he's going to keep doing ebay, or he's going to hurt other good sellers' reputations every time he makes a false assumption.
sydneypie
Captain Jack Pony

Oh, I wasn't trying to justify his actions. It is understandable to some extent, but not excusable. It just disturbs me how quickly people will make large assumptions about someone's character over a misunderstanding.

making a mess pony

sydneypie wrote:
Oh, I wasn't trying to justify his actions. It is understandable to some extent, but not excusable. It just disturbs me how quickly people will make large assumptions about someone's character over a misunderstanding.

Its all good, its just a bit hard not to judge when a person can't put a sentence together and leaves a negative or neutral (and obviously clicks ok even after an ebay message pops up advising against it) over something that could have probably been an easy solve.

Didn't mean dor it to come across as a personal attack on you sydneypie Hug wasn't my intention hun. Ebay is just a very sore point for me being a seller, and knowing kala well enough to know a) her customs are amazing and b) she is the sort that would bend over backwards to help a customer just upsets me to see her with a neutral or neg over something so trivial.
mlpfan
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

that kinda thing happens all the time on ebay, there is a small chance you can call ebay and have it removed, my mom has called and had several stupid feedback removed.

Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Geez! It's a custom pony, so there is not right or wrong side for a cutie mark. 0.o He should have looked at the photo. What does it even matter? Craziness.

Please visit my fakie website for IDing your fakies!

My trader feedback.
heart Thanks to MisfitPony for my avatar. heart
ZettaMomo
Colorswirl Pony

It really frustrates me to see people leave neutral or negative feedback for no reason. I see it all the time on Ebay, and even on Etsy. Someone will leave the comment "nice" and then leave neutral or negative feedback. It just doesn't make sense.
/facepalm

I really hope you can get this all figured out and fixed.
Hug

Mommy & Baby Pony

If he's a FiM nut and only watches the cartoon and hasn't bought any ponies from the store and the characters have symbols on both sides in the cartoon, that's how I could see him make that assumption.

I remember my first impression of Hasbro's ponies on the g3 line was "lol lazy Hasbro does symbols on only 1 side now how lame and lazy of them".

But yeah this:

ashlyne wrote:
In fact, when you click on "Neutral", a message pops up saying "Before you leave this Feedback, please contact your seller to see if anything else can be done to make your experience positive. Sellers want you to be happy, and so do we."

Lame and lazy n00bish buyer on his part. He just flat ignored that message and that part of it isn't cool. I don't see why he'd just ignore that unless he just didn't care and felt like being mean. Most likely the case is just laziness though.

I would definitely include multiple photos of multiple angles in your auctions from now on, because technically you shouldn't be required to have to state "this custom only has 1 symbol on 1 side, beware!" but it saves you from lazy n00bs in the end.

If you like anything you see in that gallery, feel free to send me a personal message!

Trades: Closed
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: