Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 55
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » is l11111y on ebay reliable?
is l11111y on ebay reliable?
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ButtercreamDream
Brush N Grow Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: is l11111y on ebay reliable?

That might have been me. It wasn't the end of the world, but I bought a pony from them that was described as 'Minty', with no visible flaws. When I got her, she had gray marks on her body, a lot of rubs on her symbol and some on the eye paint, and dry hair with some frizz at the ends.

It's not the worst thing ever, it's just that I happened to get the rest of the set as super minty ponies (clean and bright with no paint loss, and original curl), so I was waiting quite a while to find this last one in similar condition.

Once you add shipping to Canada, she wasn't cheap, and I would have held out for one in better shape. I don't bother buying ponies, except for ones in really good shape, because shipping to Canada can cost more than the pony itself. I'm not always that picky, especially in trades, but this one wasn't well described, and I expect more from sellers who know their stuff.

I was really disappointed. I couldn't see any problems from the auction photos. I'm wary of this seller now, especially since I've seen others complain about the same thing on the trader watch list. If you're not super picky, it's probably not a big deal.

Thank you LazyJenny and Sourdoughstomper for my sig!

My Sales and Trades/ My Want List
svarta-perlan
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

well... I've bought 5 ponies from them, and well... packaging could've been better, for sure. :'/ also, one pony looked like her eyes had been touched up but you couldn't see it in the pictures... another didn't have quite as nice symbols as shown in the pictures. I would probably buy from them again, but only if i desperately wanted the pony as her auctions always skyrocket in price due to high quality pictures, I think. now if only all the ponies were 100% as described... these copy-pasted descriptions in her auctions just don't tell/give the details we need when buying a pony.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
~Albert Einstein

"Not all those who wander are lost."
~J.R.R. Tolkien
LadyMoondancer
G3 Prototype Pony

I know there have been issues with her accidentally-on-purpose hiding or not mentioning pony flaws before. I also recall her getting into a very rude flame war on the TP a couple years ago over a pony that wasn't as described.

I would say she's a hit or miss seller. Some people have perfect transactions with her, buuuuut . . .

Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Just adding myself to the list.

I bought two ponies from her before I saw her on the bad trader report. I didn't have any problems with either pony, and they didn't have product in their hair, and came as described. They were cheap though and I wasn't expecting great condition ponies. So... there's that too.

Belltock | Arianiss | Wants | Gallery
Thanks to: Marbletoast for avi & puuush for amazing sig!
MiRaja
Big Brother Pony

I've never had a problem with her. She is probably my favorite pony seller on ebay. I've had a couple flaws on ponies here and there, but she does sell in higher volume and rarely misses a listing day. She is very friendly and I've *never* had any packaging problems from her. I've probably bought a couple dozen of ponies from her, and avoided other sellers just because she does have nicely done photos and IS organized, I appreciate that so much. Also, kind of a safety net. She's held ponies for me so I could just get them all together, for up to two weeks, etc, etc.

I saw her bad feedback on here too, and it really left me confused just because I've had so many transactions with her. I haven't had any with any hair products in them, just a few here and there that did have a bit dryer hair, but nothing major that was worth getting any partial refunds.

I haven't bought anything from her in a month and a half or so, I've been off of buying ponies and have actually been making room in my collection and thinning the herd down. I get like that, I just can't thin them down enough. :Doesn't want to be a pony hoarder:
melon
Fancy Pants Baby

I've just received 2 ponies from this seller and I must say, I'm quite disappointed. From the auction description, I expect them to be in decent condition but some pretty obvious flaws were not mentioned Sad
01mlplover
Brush N Grow Pony

I bought a summer wing pony from her and there were definately flaws that werent mentioned including twisting the tail so you could tell it was frizzy. I msged her and she was quick to give me a partial refund and was nice to work with but then i seen a post about her at the tp and must say that i dont think ill be buying from them again.

Wishlist here:
www.mlptp.net/forums/w...-list.html
svarta-perlan
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

just chipping in to let you all know she has a new ebay name, "poniesandpetals" - it's no secret though, she lists her old name (daughter's account?) in her auctions. just posting in case anyone missed it!

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
~Albert Einstein

"Not all those who wander are lost."
~J.R.R. Tolkien
cloud_weaver
MOC Mimic

svarta-perlan wrote:
just chipping in to let you all know she has a new ebay name, "poniesandpetals" - it's no secret though, she lists her old name (daughter's account?) in her auctions. just posting in case anyone missed it!

Thank you... dots... Drunk Not my fav. Tells you something if she has to keep switching id's. Not that she doesn't sell nice ponies, just that collectors are wary of her. *sigh*

Target Exclusive Winter Pony

I bought from her too, didn't have problems Smile
I'm not that picky so for me no problem the curl was not original.

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

Thanks for the ID update for her Big Ups
sorry to hear about more disappointing transactions though Sad Pony

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
RainbowWindy
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

I did one purchase from her - an MOC Argie Baby Sparkler and she shipped it in a BUBBLE MAILER - really?!?! I paid quite a bit for her and she couldn't find a box to put her in? There was a small crack in the bubble shown in the auction but when I got her, more cracks had developed. She was kinda grubby and her hair was messy so I decarded her through one of the cracks since it was big enough for her to fit through. She cleaned up great but I will never get what I paid for her back since she is no longer MOC.

RockinPrettyBeats
Mommy & Baby Pony

Ugghhh, I have no problems with bubble mailers but for something that is moc and obviously going to be kept that way is ridiculous!

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...64714.html

PM me if interested!
Skeen
Dabbles Pony

I bought a winger from her recently that was listed as having a droopy wing (can't remember the exact wording), but in the auction picture the wing must have been propped up by something because it did not sag at all. All her pics are taken against a black background so if she had the wing supported you'd never see it.

When I got it, the NDS wing was practically touching the ground. I haven't said anything to her yet though and probably won't as it WAS listed, even if the extent of the damage wasn't shown. She shipped in a box and had very good packing, and extra care was taken around the wings - no complaints there.

Also, the pony's hair is funny, but I can't put my finger on it. It smells vaguely of product, but doesn't feel like she's got a ton of it in. It also has a weird texture. Not like it's been rehaired, but like something has happened to it. It had been braided at one point because you can see some waves left over, but most of it is straight. Hard to explian! :/ I haven't gotten around to washing the pony yet, so maybe the hair would feel better after a wash.

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

*sigh* Putting an MOC in a bubble mailer is not good at all! You'd think she would know that Throws Fakie
also the product in the hair, and the misleading pic arent really surprising with this seller, but still disappointing all the same Sad If she did mention the wing, then I guess you cant really do a lot about it, unless you want to mention that it does look much worse than the auction pic....

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: