Mods, could you sticky please? Thanks!! Stickied, OL1 Nov 13, 2011
Thank you!! (<-- These blue words ARE NOT part of the secret words; but thanks for paying attention!!)
Well, if my once-favorite radio station is beginning to play Christmas
music, I guess it’s that time of year again.
Props to Loa for her fantastic, thorough rules; which I am using as guidelines but not copy/pasting.
Another rule has been added for clarification. It is BLUE. That rule is NOT part of the Secret Words!
Compliance with the rules is MANDATORY. Once the wantlists have been handed out, YOU MAY NOT DROP OUT. There will be a secret word within this post and you MUST include it in your application; or I will ignore it.
Send me a PM with the following information to sign up:
1) “I want in!” or some variation thereof.
2) Links to your feedback.
3) The Secret Words
The couple of years that I hosted and co-hosted the UHS the $20 (USD) category was pretty popular, so we'll go with that. You must spend $20 on the ponies
. Not shipping or goodies, but $20 on the actual ponies
You must have a total of ten (10) feedback. PM ME, RAD, with links*
to your feedback here, on eBay, Amazon, or another messageboard (for example: Pony Finders
)(this feedback CAN be for non-MLP). Feedback should be no more than two years old.
* = Not "this is my name on eBay." LINKS to your eBay feedback. Or Arena or where ever.
PM me your wantlists, but pare them down to ponies within the $20 range. (So no Mimics. :)) Also, send me the information on the condition that is acceptable for your gifts. Be specific! Are you looking for a baity pony in a specific pose but it's been too elusive? Let your partner know!!! Will except small eye smears but not symbol smears? Tell me! Oh, and don't particularly enjoy a certain generation? You guessed, let us know!! One last thing: Your wantlist is FINAL. There will be NO CHANGES MADE once you have sent me your wantlist.
Ponies MUST be in good condition. If your partner is ok with a slight haircut, small smudges, symbol rugs, or something SMALL, then that is ok. But cancer, smooze, cuts, missing ears/legs/plugs, mold, ingrained dirt, etc is NOT EXCEPTABLE. Try to get your partner a pony in as NEAR MINT as possible.
Packages must be mailed out between January 9th and January 13th. Please get a receipt and be able to (preferably) scan it or (at the very least) take a picture of it as proof that you have mailed your package. REMEMBER: The $20 cost DOES NOT include shipping!!!
Alike the Official Swap, I'm just going to spell everything out so that there is no misunderstanding.
- Have fun
! Remember, you’re going to get something great, so give something great!!
- You MAY NOT be a part of the Official Holiday Swap. You may not be in another swap that involves you receiving Hasbro-made ponies.* This swap is for those that don't qualify for the Official (newbies), did not make it on time for the Official, or have older feedback.
* = Oh, and you don’t want to get two Fireflies from two swaps.
- Also, it would be preferable that you were not part of more than one other swap. IE: You may be part of a customizing swap, plus this one. BUT, you MAY NOT be part of two
customizing swaps plus this one. If your other swaps are ending BY THE END OF NOVEMBER, then you may join. This is for monetary purposes as well as division of attention (especially with the holidays coming).
- Please wrap up your gifts in pretty wrapping paper
; make them look pretty and scream "Open me, I'm fun!!" AVOID tissue/news paper; it will bleed into the pony.
- Buy ponies that are on the wantlist. You must spend $20 on the PONIES, not the shipping to you, and not the shipping to your partner, and not on goodies. The $20 is to be the ponies' actual worth; ie if you buy a Peachy on eBay for $5 but she's only worth $1, you still have $19 to spend to meet your goal.
- The wantlists, what you are spending $20 for your partner, are PONIES. Not keychains, not ceramic ponies, not something pony-related/merchandise. Actual PONIES. G1, G2, G3, Ponyville, G3.5, G4 according to the wantlist.
I get the generations beyond the obvious G3 ponies mixed up, forgive me.
- Extras are mandatory (candy, card, trinkets) and you MUST spend $5, but no more than $10. This is NOT part of the ponies!! You must include at least four (4) small items. Please send along likes, interests, dislike, allergies, and your current mailing address along with your wantlist.
- Teaser posts will be required and I will have check-in points that you MUST meet. But I'll get to those in a moment.
- Please mail on time, include a card or a note that says who sent the gift, and please buy things on the wantlist!
- I think the Official has a good idea; please avoid using bubblemailers and use sturdy cardboard boxes for the safety of the gift.
- This is a SECRET
SWAP!!! Be sure you don’t accidentally reveal who you are shopping for!
Please inform me if you’d prefer to ship within your country/continent or if you’re willing to ship overseas. Insurance/confirmation on packages is highly
encouraged but not required. For those shipping outside of the country, please use airmail. If you have something come up (you’re leaving for vacation or something) PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!! If you let me know ahead of time I can forewarn your partner and this will be allowed. If something comes up, it’s understandable, life happens. But keep the lines of communication open and tell me about it.
Also, please do not ship wet ponies, this is a bad idea as the ponies will not dry while in the package and will arrive moldy.
I will be hosting the UHS, but I will not be held responsible for missing/lost packages. I will also not be filling in for a missing/lost package. I don’t have the extra money. I wish I did.
If you forget to mail your package on time but only by a day or two, I will shake my finger at you but probably let it slide. Again, life happens. If you are more than four days late in mailing your package, I will not leave you the best of feedback.
November 21st. (But I usually let them slide in throughout that day and I ignore time zones.
Were you reading all of those rules carefully? If you were, you’d noticed that words here or there were colored. You MUST include these eightwords in your PM to me. (The words "Pony Finders" do not count; those are colored because it is a link.)
Sign-ups end the 21st of November and I will be handing out your partners on the 22nd.
1) You MUST respond that you have received your partner’s information (and hopefully begun shopping!) no later than November 27
. This should give everyone ample opportunity to get on the internet, log onto the Arena, and check their PMs.
2) Please shoot me a PM that you’ve got ponies arriving to your house for your partner, preferably by December 30.
3) At least one teaser picture is required of wrapped gifts by January 5
Receivement and Feedback
I will make a post in the Brags on January 17th for you all to post in. You MUST include who sent you the ponies, at least one picture of everything opened, and that you are so very happy with your gift. You are more than welcome to leave individual feedback, but I will do that for everyone on my own, so don't feel obligated.
comment in this Brag post! Tell everyone about your gift; especially me!
Would it be helpful if I PMed reminders? Or generic messages of 'Hey, how is shopping for the UHS going?' You wouldn't have to respond, it would just be a gentle reminder. I will be sending one reminder, about a couple of days before the shipping date of January 9th.
I will be replying to this post and editing that comment to add people to the list. After
your name is confirmed, you may send me your want list.
Please note that I am open to suggestions/modifications to these rules. Do you think a better date or longer time for something is better suitable to the swap? Tell me! I’m a pretty easy going person and if you’ve got a better idea, I’d love to hear it. I will notify you if I change anything. I was never a big swapper due to money and I’m not as into ponies as I once was; so I’m not in your mind set of “PONIES!!! HAPPY!!” :-P