Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 85
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123
WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormy31685
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123

Hi Ponies!

I know we are all lovers of great deals, and there seem to be a LOT from "two" sellers that were posted yesterday. Having fallen victim to the BIN option for a lovely Mail Order Pony, I glanced over my invoice just in time to see the seller's listed name was : Brooke Kutik.

As far as I know, she has been absent for a little while, so she could have changed, but I remember she was a very well-known scammer back about 5-6 years ago. Her most recent user IDs are:

scottishdeerhound1234

balison123

It struck me as odd that one seller would have two new names like that, and then I got the invoice. She is selling off a mobile phone and is out of Delray Beach, FL.

If you got a great deal and paid already, I hope she will follow through this time.

I still recommend that a search for her name is run. You will find something.

I have also pulled these:

web.archive.org/web/20...kutile.htm

www.mlparena.com/Forum...68940.html

www.mlparena.com/Forum...=7431.html

Be Warned...

*****EDIT: After reading a lot of the bad experiences with her, it seems clear that she is selling ponies that she has been stealing from the community for over 8 years.*****

[Stickied 09/24 , Ringlets]

ponylady
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: Confirmed Scammer Alert!!

Oh noo!
I have only read the horror stories with her.
BTW.....which ID did you purchase from?

Mommy & Baby Pony

I bought from "scottishdeerhound."

I don't ever not pay for something, but I am seriously considering letting this one go...

shelti
*Arena VIP*
*Arena VIP*

Thanks for the Heads up Stormy
I was wondering about her, all the great lots, usually with these types of mass sales there is always something fishy about them in my opinion unless they are upfront in the ad about their links to the community. I know there are a few closet collectors out there, but most belong to the MLP Community some where or did.

lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

Thanks for the heads-up! GRRRRR.... I can't believe she just won't stop scamming people!

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
SFlame
Dazzle Surprise

Lets hope she follows through! As paypal is not forgiving, because they will refund the buyers money even if her balance is 0. Then the authorities will go after her...
missbonbon
Sweet Kisses Pony

ugh! I bought a couple of these from this person and now I'm scared! I did pay already as I do right away on eBay and that was a good chunk of change Sad Now I don't know what to do...

Mommy & Baby Pony

Stormy31685 wrote:
I bought from "scottishdeerhound."

I don't ever not pay for something, but I am seriously considering letting this one go...

Wait, I just looked up her id and it says she's no longer registered....

Edit: Forget it, I searched scottishdeerhound without the numbers. The one with the numbers IS registered & has items up :-) The id without the numbers is someone in the UK so I don't think they are connected at all.

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...64714.html

PM me if interested!
SFlame
Dazzle Surprise

its scottishdeerhound1234, shes still a registered user

missbonbon, ive bought off her too - and im uk based so you can imagine how worried i was when i saw this thread!!!

however ive been on the line to paypal, ebay and my bank.

(1) we are fully protected under paypal, they will refund our money if she doesnt ship to us, even if she withdrew the funds, they would put her account into negative balance to return our money and then the local authorities would chase her.
(2) as a new user, her funds are on hold until we give her feedback/21 days/or tracking number, as soon as a dispute is opened it also freezes funds

so I am going to wait 7 days, see if i get a tracking number/response, thats all we can do for the time being.
kCherry
Moogleworks Mod Sales/Trades & Support

Oh Dear!! Sad Thanks so much for the heads up, Stormy! I hate to see these people resurface but I am SO glad that we have such a vigilant community to help keep everyone informed!!

Everyone who has entered into transactions with this individual keep us posted! Stormy, if you would please, change the title of this thread to include her eBay username so folks will know to read your post that would be most helpful. Hug

*waits on pins and needles for the posting to begin

RockinPrettyBeats
Mommy & Baby Pony

SFlame - Yes, I edited my comment as soon as I posted it :-)

Not all new sellers have their funds held. Some people open an account and every fund is held immediately. Some open an account and nothing is ever held. I know this from personal experience.

Now, since some of her items are very expensive, I'll go ahead and assume her funds are being held. I think Ebay bases how much your item goes for on whether or not to let you have your funds right away.

But, another thing to think about. What if she manages to scam Ebay somehow? What if she manages to somehow get all the money and either send inferior products or send nothing at all? She might disappear off Ebay again never to be seen with A LOT of money. Sure, you might personally get your money back (from Ebay) but do you want to reward someone who has stolen ponies and is scamming the system?

I really want to report her but I can't see any option of for reporting when it comes to someone that you have seen before? I mean, both those ids are BRAND NEW. She must've had her other ids blocked or something. Or maybe she just doesn't want to be recognized :-(

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...64714.html

PM me if interested!
kitkatvintage
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Thanks for the heads up, Stormy! I had some of her auctions on my watch list, and I thought it was odd that someone with 0 feedback had some of those items for sale.

missbonbon
Sweet Kisses Pony

Yeah if I had known about her and this was who she was on ebay I would not have boughten any items just on principle. Since I joined this is the first I've heard of her but I went back and reread those threads posted about her from before...I hate to see someone like this getting any money at all! But since I paid yesterday after I bought my items Sad I am kind of in a pinch. I will wait to see if I get my items, if not within a week I am going to file with ebay for non shipping. Otherwise I am really hoping I get my ponies!

Dazzle Surprise

missbonbon yours will arrive before mine if she sends them so fingers crossed!
Stormy31685
Mommy & Baby Pony

I think she will come through for some at first. I think anything else might be a waiting game. Scammers usually are good to a few at first.

We shall see. I should go ahead and pay for mine since we are in the same State.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: