Members: 0
Visitors: 34
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Special Interest Groups » The Dollhouse » Pullip FAQs
Pullip FAQs
Where we discuss all Doll wants & needs!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » The Dollhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trillian07
Colorswirl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Pullip FAQs

That's probably a mistake. She has the tiny eyes just like all the others. You'd have to replace the eye.

I haven't exaggerated in a billion years!
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Argh! I was afraid of that. (No, literally, I'm terrified of breaking her. Scared ) Thanks for the quick reply!

Off to eBay to price 12mm eyeballs I go!

'The Stubborn Dead' - an urban fantasy novella with spirit - to be released by Carina Press on January 23, 2012. Details, updates (and closer to release date, giveways!) posted at my blog ~*~My Ebay Feedback
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

artistique is a great place to get super cheap acrylic eyes that look rather nice Smile

www.shopartistique.com...Category=5
just choose the size you need from the drop down menu

I've purchased from them several times and never had a problem Happy
and go ahead and get full rounds, you may only need half backs, but they're the same eye, there's just a plastic back that can easily be pulled on and off Smile it's nice to have if you ever sell them or want them for anything else.

deviantArt Flickr
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Thanks! It's good to have lots of options, and I especially like having companies reffered because then I know people were satisfied with their products/services. Happy

'The Stubborn Dead' - an urban fantasy novella with spirit - to be released by Carina Press on January 23, 2012. Details, updates (and closer to release date, giveways!) posted at my blog ~*~My Ebay Feedback
trillian07
Colorswirl Pony

AllIsLove wrote:
Argh! I was afraid of that. (No, literally, I'm terrified of breaking her. Scared ) Thanks for the quick reply!

Off to eBay to price 12mm eyeballs I go!

Actually, you're probably a lot safer in terms of not damaging her with replacing her whole eye. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to pry out such a tiny eyechip! Especially with how heavily glued they are sometimes.

AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Can you replace the whole eye on a Pullip/Taeyang, though? I know they're bigger so the eye chips can come out far easier, but is it easier for us scaredy cats to just replace the eye completely?

Knibitz
MOC Mimic

you can if you want to give up the eye mechanism. That's really easy. Just take the whole thing out, but you'll either have to glue the eyelids in place (they're attached to the eye mechanism) or go without

or you can follow this tutorial: www.requiemart.com/pul...rylic.html

deviantArt Flickr
Cakefortwo
Teeny Tiny Pony

Sorry if it's already been asked... (been trying to search through all the pages to no avail!) but i was wondering if anyone has tried using polymer clay to make anything for a doll? -- like taking a blank head and sculpting ears or fins/gills on them? do you think/know if they'd be bake-able? or just go for airdry/etc? just wondering :-D
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

just use airdry clay Smile

sculpy and such shrinks while it bakes, so if the head were to survive the oven, the sculpt with shrink and crack most likely, and then be pretty brittle when you're done.

I'd go with epoxyclay Happy

deviantArt Flickr
Cakefortwo
Teeny Tiny Pony

awesome ^.^ thankies :-D
Buzzingbumblebee
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

Now that I have my Eos I have a couple of questions ^^. Is it ok to wash and condition her hair? It's a bit tangled and bushy so it would be nice to perhaps tame it a bit. Brushing it seems to cause some hair loss so I didn't continue with that.

Also I think I read somewhere about body staining and sealing the body. What can I use? I noticed Eos has plastic on her arms and I haven't removed it yet.

Want: Bsp floats for: Ripple x1. BB bandanna + hat for Chief. Guitar combs: pink & yellow.
trillian07
Colorswirl Pony

If you're going to wash and condition her wig (which is fine) you should remove it from her head first. Eos has plastic on her arms to prevent the black gloves from staining her. I don't know anything about sealing the body maybe I'm reading the wrong things but I've never heard of it. If you follow the tutorial from requiemart you can colorfast the gloves.

requiemart.com/blog/re...r-fasting/

Buzzingbumblebee
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

Thank you ^^. I don't know what I was on about then, that is probably what I meant anyway. I will try that tomorrow :).

Want: Bsp floats for: Ripple x1. BB bandanna + hat for Chief. Guitar combs: pink & yellow.
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Oh dear, my wallet is going to hate me for asking...but what the hey.

I'm seriously considering doing a custom Pullip. It'll require an obitsu body which has me wondering:
1a) does clothing sold to specifically fit Pullips fit obitsu (soft bust 3) bodies?
1b) do pullip shoes fit obitsu bodies?
1c) does anyone know where I can find a really good selection of clothes to fit above mentioned obitsu (specifically blue jeans, a black v-neck tshirt (or sleeveless), and something resembling a black leather jacket. Bonus points for black high heeled boots, and a square buckled belt!)

And finally, does anyone sell completely black eyes for Pullips online? Not just the chip, the whole eyeball. I'm loath to paint or draw on an eyeball, because I don't want to ruin the head.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I think I found appropriate jeans at Junkyspot, but I'm still on the hunt for everything else. Smile

Knibitz
MOC Mimic

some clothes do, some clothes dont. Most of them are going to be a no, and for almost all the small bust if the only obitsu that could fit in anything.

again, some shoes will fit on obitsu bodies, just depends on the style. Obitsu's have really short stubby fat feet, while pullips are long and slender

sounds like etsy or ebay is what you're looking for, or if you don't mind spending as much on the clothes as you did a doll, there are a few momoko dolls dressed like that that you could buy and strip or possibly find someone who had split the outfit from the doll on ebay.

hmm...if you just want a giant black ball I'd say go and find some giant black bead and either you can, or you can find someone else who can take a dremel tool and saw it in half. If you're for something you can put the chips back into, Ive never heard of anyone making that.
I would say paint the eyes, but the eye mech and eyelids rub all over the eye and I imagine that it would chip easily.

deviantArt Flickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> The Dollhouse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: